Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Time Ticks On

We have still been anxiously waiting for our settlement date and, while the inspector has placed red dots all over the house, we are seeing little progress. Our SS called today to make our inspection appointment - this Friday, so I guess things will have to progress before then. I have been madly trying to finish projects and acquisitions for the house in my spare time - mostly on weekends. Some weeks have been more productive than others.
Over the last few weeks we have:

Finalised the feature wall colours
Arranged and paid deposit on the carpets
Determined the colour and style of concrete - and met with the concreter
Organised the three new couches for the family room from Freedom - they might be ready by Christmas!!! And I also bought the scatter cushions.
Painted a little bookcase, cut down the bunks ready to turn into two separate beds, bought the new bedknobs and started undercoating, made two throw pillows and 1 quilt (1 to go), bought the provincial-style bedspreads and more, for daughter no. 2's bedroom.
Made the padded bedhead for daughter no. 1's bedroom (it's big!)-we already bought the new bed
Bought some artwork for son's bedroom (happy 19th! :))
We have also been sorting, packing, making skip and charity runs and generally running!!

If all goes well, we may have handover in a couple of weeks, and be able to move in before Christmas. We have all of our family coming this year - many will be staying so I am starting to feel the pressure to get things together.

I still need to:
Finish painting the beds,
Clean the old couches and make new cushion covers (cheap but at least tidier - and will see us through until I work out what I would like in the formal lounge)
Get the TV room paintings framed, and find appropriate scatter cushions
Make the TV room ottoman
Complete 1 quilt
Visit The Works to arrange something lovely for the unit in the entry
Organise an electrician for the light fittings
Finish packing
Arrange outdoor furniture, office furniture, the shed, clothes line etc
Dispose of old furniture
Christmas shopping (oh, dear)
Find another 6 hours in every day


Will post pics for the family soon.

See you all soon.

Paula and Dave



2 comments:

  1. Busy huh? :-)

    I was at 'The Works' last week...LOVE that place!! I could spend hours and hours and hours there just looking getting inspiration! I'm interested in the ottoman you plan on 'making'. I found a great link on someones blog a while ago about making an ottoman out of a coffee table! I'm going to attempt it myself at some stage!

    The scariest part, I think, is the thought of Christmas shopping!

    Best wishes for handover shortly!! All the stress will soon be a distant memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stormy,

    Thanks heaps. The ottoman will be out of an mdf box with foam padding on top and fabric. I'll hinge the lid to make a storage box for games etc.

    I am just trying not to think of Christmas shopping. I would love for everything to be ready by the time the folks come but I think they might be helping out when they get here. I cannot believe how long this last bit has been, we should have been in weeks ago! Anyway, I hope to have a firmer date tomorrow.

    Hope to get to The Works over the weekend, I need decor for the entry and bathrooms.

    You must be settling into your beautiful place by now! I can just imagine a lovely big Christmas tree. It's something I've been looking forward to.

    Anyway, good luck with all your decorating.

    Cheers,

    P.

    ReplyDelete