My Family have been asking when I am going to post more pictures..so here they are, the latest offerings.
The exterior is nearly complete with a bit of clean up work, and minor details to attend. We were meeting up with more concreters this week and now have two quotes. We will obtain a third but were pretty happy with the second company to quote. They have several jobs they have completed in the area. The front door stain is quite a bit darker than we were expecting. Unsure why?? Will discuss with the SS next visit. As a result, we think we will go with a darker concrete to tie all the colours in.
Below is the colour of the timber features on the alfresco, the downpipes and the rear cladding, jasper.

The front doors. Not really 100% happy with the stain. I was expecting something a bit more goldy and vibrant - this one appears quite dark at times. Perhaps it is the timber variation?? With some appropriate light fittings, paving, and plant pots perhaps it will look better to me.

Tiling well underway. Should be finished by next Tuesday with electricians on deck and completed by Thursday. Below is our ensuite.

Main bathroom.



I have now completed the renovation of the chair for the youngest daughter's bedroom. I think it is a better match for the wicker storage unit nearby and of course, she likes the new upholstery!
More tile shots. Yes, we have a lot of tiling. I would much have preferred beautiful shiny timber flooring, but you can't have everything (some would argue this). I also don't like timber "look" flooring or laminate so tiles were the go. These tiles below are not yet grouted, and it is hard to see but they are a kind of coffee colour. We have broken them up a bit by having a diagonally laid inlay in the entry area, and will have a big rug in the family room. We also went to look at carpets this weekend. Originally we were looking for solution dyed nylon, but haven't been able to find a style or colour match that we liked. We did, however, find heaps of the colour and style we like in a wool carpet - so we have asked for two quotes for this.


Below is a picture of the entry tiles through the lounge room window. Not the best pic, but of course, we can't get in!
Not sure how much longer till completion now.....but hopefully not too long. I have booked holidays in September, mostly because I really need a break, but I am hoping they will coincide with handover.
No comments:
Post a Comment