

Money is of course extremely tight right now, with rapidly increasing interest payments and the vast amounts we seem to need for the new house. We downsized a few years ago from a 12 square house to an 8 square apartment while we were studying - so not only did we have little money, we also had little furniture! We haven't increased much in the way of furniture and a lot of what we do have will need replacing so this is also adding pressure. However, ebay is always good for a look and I have managed to put together some ideas for the new home. It will be a little "daggy" for a while as we replace and buy things over time.
We will need to get the finances together for carpets and driveway or else we won't be able to move in under our covenant. We have managed to buy the light fittings for the house, all except the outside front lights. David chose the light fitting style and I decided which ones were going where. The wet areas will all have oysters and we are putting a large flouro oyster in the kitchen and upstairs TV room.
The style Dave chose was Sheffield from Beacon lighting, we have various items in the range and have different fittings depending on whether the area is formal or informal.
I have bought lots of new bath and bed linen and tea towels over time from DFO, which isn't far from us and always worth a trip. My sister was visiting from Pakenham a few weeks ago and we went off to DFO, looking at the kitchen and homewares stores. This is a dangerous activity! I spotted a gorgeous set of salt and pepper grinders - they were red, shiny and eyecatching. When I found out they were peugeots I had to have them, even though the price was.....well. I justified them to Dave by explaining that they were top class, the store was giving away a $100 Baccarat baking dish with them and it was likely that this was the closest we would ever get to matching peugeots!!
(He wasn't convinced).
New fridge - bought before we started the process in 2007! Currently not in use - nowhere to connect the water in our current house!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment